It's in the Bag, Gluten Free & The WoW Diet



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day! In honor of the most important day of the year (according to some folks), we give you:

Rustic Stewed Groundhog and Wild Rice

3 groundhogs*, fresh or frozen (depending on how harsh the winter was)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 green bell pepper
1 sweet onion
3 TBL quality soil
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp sage
3 TBL chili powder
3 cups melted snow

Place groundhogs in a large stock pot. If they poke their heads out and do not see their shadow, give them the rice and set them free. Spring is on it's way and they've done their job well. Cheers all you rodent weather predictors.

*Do NOT substitute road hogs, phone hogs, or bed hogs. If unable to procure your own groundhog, try the "Road Kill" section of your local butcher shop.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Well, not thank you for this particular recipe...but, thank you for the upcoming book. I have been wanting to start this type of food storage, but only had a couple of recipes. I can't wait until May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! I'm so sad I didn't read this on Groundhog's day :( I will have to share this with my family...mabye even try it :)

    P.s. this is Stacey at my work computer :0)

    ReplyDelete